Correspondance with government on regulation
The below are letters between CBAN and various government departments. For context please see CBAN’s GMO Inquiry report “Are GM Crops and Foods Well Regulated?” or contact us.
Notices of Assessment re: Genetically engineered salmon
- Response letter from Health Canada re: GE fish assessment, November 27, 2013
- CBAN’s letter to the Minister of Health asking “Is Health Canada reviewing a GE fish for approval?“, November 14, 2013
“Biotechnology Notices of Submission”
- Response from CFIA President to CBAN on “Biotechnology Notices of Submission” September 6, 2012.
- CBAN’s letter to the CFIA on “Biotechnology Notices of Submission” July 9, 2012
- See also CBAN’s earlier submission of comments to the CFIA Biotechnology Notices of Submission on the GM apple. July 2, 2012
Assessment (lack thereof) for stacked trait crops.
Letter from Health Canada re: GE fish assessment
In response to the November 14, 2013 letter from the Canadian Biotechnology Action Network, re: “Is Health Canada assessing a GE fish for approval?”
November 27, 2013 to the Canadian Biotechnology Action Network
Minister of Health on assessment of stacked traits
Response to Canadian Biotechnology Action Network, Oct 7, 2009.
CFIA President to CBAN on Biotechnology Notices of Submission
September 6, 2012. ( In response CBAN’s letter )
CBAN’s letter to the CFIA re: Biotechnology Notices of Submission
“The CFIA should be deeply embarrassed at having wasted Canadian’s time guessing as to the contents of the submission from Okanagan Specialty Fruits while the U.S. government released substantive information just days after the CFIA process ended.”
CBAN comments on the GM apple to CFIA
As per the Biotechnology Notices of Submission. July 2, 2013
Letter re: assessment of stacked trait products
Response to CBAN – 2009.